A woman’s health should always be at the forefront, which is usually never the case in many regions. However, it is never too late to work towards achieving this goal. With growing awareness towards health and fitness, women of all age groups are advised to take proper care and nutrition during their entire lifecycle, be it during puberty or after menopause, or during pregnancy and after childbirth, or after their thirties, forties, fifties plus.
Here is a guide that lists out five top tips that women over their fifties must practice to stay fit. By “staying fit,” the term does not mean sticking to a particular waistline measurement but being healthy enough to move on your own without depending on others, being able to eat healthily to your heart’s content, and staying healthy at the bones and muscles. For this:
1. Change Your Diet – It is always good to eat healthily, but it is never too late to start if you haven’t gotten there yet. For instance, increase your intake of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In short, protein intake should be up while salt and fat must reduce or be eliminated.
2. Take Supplements – In addition to the food consumed, taking a few essential supplements such as B-12 is very good for women over the fifties. Moreover, never forget to drink the prescribed dosage of calcium and vitamin-D needed for healthy bones and muscle development.
3. Cut Down on Wine & Dining – You don’t have to completely avoid alcohol, smoking and eating out if you cannot do without it. However, restricting to maybe just a glass of wine, a puff or dining out once a month is a good start.
4. Move or Exercise – A little exercise of any kind is necessary for women of all age groups. You may think you are too old for it but even slow-paced brisk walking, a few stretches, some breathing exercises, or even some time dedicated to mediation is good enough.
5. Sleep Well & Enough – Many women as they age complain of insomnia. However, good sleep is essential to stay fit. Therefore, care must be taken to ensure that you get enough rest whenever your body calls for it.
When it comes to taking fitness products internally, making informed decisions is very important. AskMaryRD.com is one such place that offers guided information and helps its customers decide which product suits them the best. Hence, do not forget to pay a visit.